Media & Communications Officer
The Greyhound Board of Great Britain (GBGB) currently has a vacancy for a Media & Communications Officer – London based.
Reporting to the Chief Executive the Media & Communications Officer will handle all matters relating to the press and media and will work closely with the Chief Executive to develop and advance the GBGB’s communications strategy. Duties will include:
• Developing and maintaining the reputation of the GBGB and relationships with external media providers and journalists.
• Producing high quality editorial, drafting press releases, press statements, managing the GBGB website, The Dogs App and Twitter Feed.
• Managing, producing and delivering the GBGB Annual Report.
• Monitoring the media, disseminating information and providing summaries.
• Acting as the point of contact to respond to press enquiries.
Candidates must be educated to degree level (or equivalent) preferably in a relevant subject such as English, Journalism or Media Studies.
Candidates must have proven experience of working as a journalist or of working within the press, PR or a related media field. Knowledge of the greyhound racing industry is not essential although it would be a distinct advantage.
On top of these requirements you will be a proficient communicator (orally and in writing) and have the ability to build relationships at all levels. In addition you have will have excellent planning and organisational skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to prioritise effectively to deliver results to tight deadlines.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV, together with a covering letter to Zoë O’Brien, HR Manager, Greyhound Board of Great Britain, 1 Procter Street, London, WC1V 6DW, or email to firstname.lastname@example.orgClosing date: Friday 25th April 2014
Greyhound Board of Great Britain is an equal opportunities employer