2 x Stipendiary Steward Vacancies
The GBGB is currently looking to recruit two Stipendiary Steward’s. Reporting to the Senior Stipendiary Steward, duties will include:
• Upholding the GBGB’s Rules of Racing in matters relating directly and indirectly to greyhound welfare.
• Ensuring that inspection reports of kennels and racecourses are undertaken on a regular basis.
• Conducting an annual inspection audit of racecourses, in line with UKAS accredited scheme.
• Investigating cases and contributing to the prosecution process in accordance with the Rules of Racing.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a very high standard of professional integrity and have had proven work experience within the greyhound or related industry (including performance animals). Knowledge and/or a strong interest in greyhound racing is also essential. Candidates who have worked in a regulatory background or have had experience of working within a similar role will also be considered.
Knowledge of animal welfare legislation, the Rules of Racing, auditing and inspection principles and conducting investigations would be a distinct advantage, although training will be provided.
The position will largely involve lone working and therefore candidates must be able to work unsupervised and hold a clean and valid driving licence. (This role will include a high volume of driving.)
There are currently two vacancies:Central & West Midlands
– This position will cover racecourses and trainers that are located in an area from Hereford to Lancaster. Candidates are required to live in this area and should ideally be located in Birmingham, Stoke on Trent, along the M6 corridor or Manchester.Central & East Midlands
- This position will cover racecourses and trainers that are located in an area from Nottingham to York. Candidates are therefore required to live in this area would ideally be located in Nottingham, Sheffield or Leeds.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV, together with a covering letter, detailing how you fit the criteria and which position you are applying for (Central & West Midlands or Central and East Midlands) to Zoë O’Brien, HR Manager, Greyhound Board of Great Britain, 6 New Bridge Street, London EC4V 6AB, or email to firstname.lastname@example.orgClosing date: Friday 30th January 2015
Greyhound Board of Great Britain is an equal opportunities employer